Monday, August 3, 2009

Excuse Me I have an Announcment:
It's taken me a while to commit, but i've decided to run a 1/2 marathon! This is a big deal to me. I've technically never ran longer than 5 miles. And that my friends was in high school:) My ward has a running group. Week after week they invite me to run with them. But being stubborn (and i still am) I've declined and stuck to my own workout routine in the gym...mainly b/c i feel as though they are running like champs and I'm still in beginners level. :) Well I was approached and asked if I'd like to do the 1/2 marathon with them in St. George in Nov. I said maybe (but really thinking, no I'm okay) ...But I can't get this out of my mind, so after talking to my sister in-law Rachel and asking if she'd like to do it with me she agreed and now i've officially committed and will be running the race November 7th. I'm excited but have a lot of training, hence the race being in November:) So here i go...I'll k.i.t. about my progress!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Yay! You will do great! If I can do it ANYBODY can do it!

Adam & Rachel said...

oh my gosh!!! I am going to start training then...Adam says I can go and he's just going to have to run his own marathon (not in an offical race)...so it should work out. PS: My endurance level is pretty close to nonexistant at the moment so I hope I don't let you down. :)

Walker Ohana said...

woohoo! that sounds like fun! you're a champ!