Monday, October 28, 2013

 Lake Mead
 Adam couldn't wait to get his new boat on the water. We spent 2 1/2 days at the lake. We spent the night on a slanted hill but it was all worth it with the tubing and water skiing. We even spotted close to us a family of big horn sheep on our expedition. 

California
If you know Eli, he has a mind and time table of his own. Taking a picture obviously wasn't on his priority list

Takoda for the longest time had been begging for a mow hawk. Being that he HATES hair cuts this one day he was actually pretty excited to tell the barber what kind of hair cut he wanted.

The donkey decided to get a hair cut like Takoda

Even 4 year olds have tantrums. We decided to use the tactic of recording his tantrums. Now when he sees our phones out recording it he either gets mad that he's being recorded so he pouts and walks away or he starts laughing and screams to stop. 


Girl Time
I went to Cali to race in a Mud Run. It was sooo much fun, I had trained hard for it so I was ready. 
 It's an obstacle course. So we ran up and down hills, through tires, over walls, under barbwire, through tunnels. It really was hard work. If you look at my left forearm I have a huge scar, but don't worry a great story goes along with it:) 
Towards the end of the race there was a huge hill. Enable to get down you had to slide down this tarp. I saw others going down head first. I thought, that looks awesome I'm doing that. Well after lathering with soap (to go faster) taking a running start and the tarp being squirted with a fire hose, I was off down the tarp going pretty fast. It was actually an adrenaline rush. It indeed was fun. But 1/2 down I realized the ending point was gravel and more gravel. I wasn't about to stop anytime soon. So I placed my hands down trying to stop the momentum, I could clearly see that wasn't going to slow me down, just ruin my hands from the gravel underneath. So pretty much I rolled on my side at the end to not damage my entire stomach and face and in doing so this is what I was rewarded with:) It hurt extremely bad, I hadn't hurt that much since I was a little. The pictures don't do it justice. But it was a battle wound and i've learned my lesson:)




Nick's Graduation

Provo Canyon


Bridge + Eli = terrified
Takoda helped him through it though.

Eli's classic face when he's wanting you to smile. 

No comments: