Sunday, November 23, 2008

Takoda Walker Bliss

born 11/19/08

8.5lbs

19.5 in.

Can you believe he was born early. Tuesday night I woke up every hour experiencing intense contractions 2 an hour. By 8:00 in the morning I was having them about every 7-8 min. I had my last dr. appt. scheduled that day at 2:00. I called saying I don' t know if I should wait until then, can I come in earlier. They said yep..how about 1:00. Todd and I took the overnight bag just in case and off we went. The Dr. said wow, your at a 6-7 and 100%..get her a wheel chair. Luckily the dr. office is connected to the hosptial, so I was in my room getting iv's stuck into me in no time:) Finally at 9:27 p.m. our little Takoda was born. It has been such a whirl wind but loving every minute of it. Todd and I are so happy and love looking at our little boy. I'm getting new born photos done this week, so i'll post some of those later. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

10 comments:

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

Congrats! Now let the fun begin. I can't wait to meet him. Can I just say I can't believe you waited that long to go in! When you said you called the dr, I thought maybe like 9 or 8 am, but 1 I almost died they made you wait that long.

Nick and Emily said...

Congrats! He is so precious! Laura you look so good. Enjoy every minute, even the sleepless nights. They grow up way too fast!

Adam & Rachel said...

I am so glad you posted that slide show. He is a real cutie! You really can see both of you in him. He's a good little mix. We can't wait to see all of you guys. Just 2 more days~!

Lara said...

Laura!!! He is beautiful! I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait to come see him! I have a gift for you so maybe after the holidays of sometime in December let me know! Oh and you know where to get your announcements done :)! Tell Todd that Neil and I say congrats!

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Gosh Congratulations!!! He is adorable! You look great after having a baby. I am so happy for your family.
Natali (Massey) McKee

Precious Images Photography said...

So cute. He was born quick. Hows it going so far with the sleepless nights

Precious Images Photography said...

By the way what hospital did you have him in. Are you going to Kiddie Kandids for pics or someone else for pics. Yay for you.

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

Congratulations Laura! He's a cutie! I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing

Alisa said...

Oh my heck he is so cute! And do you really look that beautiful after giving birth, mom's everywhere must be so jealous! Congrats to both of you and your happy little family!

Jill said...

Good work Todd and Laura! We are so excited for our new nephew/cousin. Glad everything is going well. You are already great parents. Can't wait to kiss those chubby cheeks!